Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ryan Adams: Another 3 album year??


2005 was quite a year for Ryan Adams fans. He released 3 very different albums in one year, and according to message board posts on ryanadams.org, he plans to release 3 more in the remaining months of 2006. On said website, username "whatever its ryan" has been posting as Ryan Adams, and there is much debate to if this is actually him, or just an obsessive fan. I believe this is actually him, but I still take it with a grain of salt.

First record is getting mixed and mastered while we are on the road. Its the first of three. Its solo.
Its called "Blackhole". Johnny on drums, me on everythinbg else. lots of raw guitar and kinda sexy/ damaged tunes. My favorite easily.
Second record. I am in the studio as we speak finishing it. Its a double record, meaning around 30 songs. Its called, and I know its bogus but I dont care, its called "War and Peace". Its about cleaning up my act. I play everything and it has every style, every true guitar part, every type of soing (sometimes within one tune) to express what I have been going thru for awhile. Its hard to listen to back for me lyrically but musically all over the map. punkish stuff, some sabbath garteful mix, some silly pop, smiths disco, and sonic youth vibes and me and the songs on the piano like everything dies, and dont get sentimental and lighthnouses.
the third, CARDINALS, we started this already before our break before rehearsals for this tour, and we have 16 tracks, but half of those are good enough and half arent. "Two hearts" "Two" and a few others people might remember from past live shows are included. its gonna have just 11 songs, just 11 so maybe that"ll shut em" up after rest. no album title for that. might be called "star wars" if we caan get away with it as there is a badass tune called starwars on there. its pretty funny/
stoney.

If this is actually him, then I'm very excited! He will be touring the USA this summer, starting July 20th at the Starland Ballroom. Of course, I will be there.

I will put links for Episode 20 when I get home, so we all have something to look forward to!

Peace & Love,
Lowden

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home