Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Episode 23 and Ray LaMontagne/Guster Concert Review

Hey guys, what's new? Even though that's clearly rhetorical, because this is just text. Anyway, Podcast! This is Episode 23, and its another New Music Podcast. Some of this music isn't like exactly !BRAND NEW!

But I'm trying my best to shy away from my podcasts being a gigantic Top 5 List. Rob Gordon would be very upset with me.

Anyway, here are the links for the podcasts.

iTunes
.wma


So concert review:


Oh my Ray was just so amazing. I was so excited to see him, especially because he is one of my favorite artists. Second only to Ryan Adams. Yeah, that's how much I love his music, even though he's only released one album. His new album comes out on Aug. 29th so watch out for that!


Highlights of the night was Jolene, which is my favorite song of his. And the power behind his soft vocals is just amazing. And his closer, Burn was just as amazing. The venue really didn't match the type of music he was playing. PNC is just too big for Ray. His music is more fit to be played in a coffeehouse. I hope to see him again soon, hopefully next time as the headliner.


Speaking of the headliner, Guster was awesome! They were a lot of fun to listen to, and watch! Especially the drummer, who most of the time was behind a full bongo percussion set! He was wailing on those bongos the entire time, and constantly rewrapping his hands. They must be in shreads after a tour!

I really need to go get some of their albums. I only knew one of their songs, Amsterdam, which is their biggest hit. If you've never heard of Guster, you've probably heard that song by them. Great concert, and it was nice to go back to PNC. This time, no naked men!

Special thanks to Tammylo of flickr.com for taking these photos! She was also at the Ben Folds show at Radio City, so it was nice to relive that night again through her photos.

Next Ugly Podcast event:
Ted Leo & The Pharmacists @ South Street Seaport, This Friday!

Peace & Love,
Lowden

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ben folds<3
and I told you Guster was good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home