Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ted Leo show, Episode 24, OK Go video, Ray LaMontagne secret show

Ted Leo Show @ South Street Seaport
Last night was the free Ted Leo show at the South Street Seaport. This year was his 5th year in a row playing there, and this was the 3rd time for it to go off without a hitch, despite threatening clouds during the evening. The problem times that Ted has played there have been the day of the big blackout in 2003, and in 2004, there was a horrible lightning storm. This is the first time I've see Ted Leo, and I hope I see him many more times to come.


First up was the Tokyo Police Club, who were pretty good, and are Canadian to boot! They sound a bit like The Strokes (in the vocal sense). They also like the tambourine, especially the keyboard player, who gets overly into it like I do with a cowbell (no one beats me though, I'm violent!). They have an EP out on iTunes if you want to check them out any further.

Next up was the DC Snipers (what a politically incorrect name), and were a waste of 45 minutes. The keyboard player on the left, and the rhythm guitar player on the right were unnecessary, and the band as a whole was just overly brash, especially with the song, "All Humans Are Garbage".

But up next came the man who we all didn't have to pay to see, Ted Leo and his Phamacists! They played a blistering 2 hour set, playing a lot of older cuts, and a ton of new songs! I really liked the new ones "Colleen", and "Some Beginner's Mind" (which I have). He also played "Where Have All The Rude Boys Gone?", "Me and Mia" (Mia was pleased), "Walking To Do", and my favorite Ted Leo song, "Heart Problems". I've heard that the sound guys did a terrible job, and you couldn't hear the vocals at all in the back, but in the front we could hear just fine. I think a lot of people probably couldn't hear at all by the end of the night. I posted a good chunk of the pictures we took here on Flickr, and you can view other pictures people took by searching for them. I also saw a taper there, so hopefully it came out okay, and will be posted somewhere on the internet!

Ugly Podcast: Episode 24
Next I have Episode 24 of my Podcast. I've been churning them out lately, because I don't know when I'll have the chance to make more in the immediate future. The theme on this one is: Names
iTunes
.mp3
I've gotten feedback that you need to subscribe to YouSendIt to get the files, so just do it. Its free, and easy, and worth the 2 minutes it takes to set up an account for all the stuff I put up here. I'm still trying to find a way to have a website host these, so if you have any suggestions, please point me in the right direction!

OK Go Music Video
Okay, so there's this band called OK Go, and they recently posted their video on YouTube called Here It Goes Again, and the video is amazing, and was made on no money. If you haven't seen this before, you will now see it all the time, cause that's how it works. Enjoy!


Ray LaMontagne Secret Show!

Thanks to Kim for the heads-up on this. Myspace is hosting a Ray LaMontagne secret show at Maxwells in Hoboken, NJ. You need to add Myspace secret shows to your Top 8, and print your homepage with your Top 8 to be allowed in. After you print, you can get rid of them and go on your way. The Show is at 7:00, but get there early to get in. Unfortunately I will not be attending this free show, because I can't take a train to Hoboken by myself, which is crap. Honestly, like I would do something stupid...
Anyway, if you want to go, there's the information.

Wow, long post!

Peace & Love,
Lowden

2 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i absolutely LOVE Ok Go
and the concert was amazing

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I <3 that video. The concert was awesome. Thanks so much for bringing me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home